I think Fridays are probably my favourite day of the week. I’m sure most people claim the same thing, but even still.
For me, Fridays mean either the last day of work for the week, or at the very least the second-to-last day, with only a short 3-hour shift tomorrow. Fridays mean that it’s the harvest market tomorrow, where I can get fresh bread and veggies and coffee and craft beer. Fridays mean that everyone’s happy and relaxed in time for the weekend.
Oh yeah, and Fridays mean it’s time for…
and there’s not many more things that are as exciting as that.
– I’m steadily getting back on the Twitter train, and it’s great! Guy Grossi tweeted me back this morning so I guess you could say I’m Twitter famous… If you want to stay updated you can find me on Twitter here!
– Speaking of Guy Grossi, I bought his AMAZING book Love Italy which is beautiful and amazing! I have already cooked his incredible zucchine alla parmigiana, which is pretty much my new favourite meal.
– Spent a weekend out at Mole Creek, where I grew up. It’s this sweet little town in the middle of the mountains, and I had honestly forgotten just how lovely it is. It was so nice to be able to go back and spend some time there.
– Went to see Bell Shakespeare’s Hamlet the other night at my local theatre. I was absolutely blown away – it was incredible! The actors were so amazing, and Hamlet is my favourite play ever, so I came away completely impressed.
– I also got to see one of my favourite singers, Megan Washington, in a little cafe here in my city. It was the most incredible show I have ever seen – it was very intimate, and I got to see her at the end, give her a hug and tell her that she was amazing! It was honestly awesome.
– Cashew butter was on sale at the supermarket. Booyah.
– At aforementioned Hamlet, as incredible as it was, I was seated next to a very loud, very pretentious, very drunk man, who reeked of whisky and beer and insisted on speaking throughout the play. Luckily the play more than made up for it.
– Chris is very determined to convert me in to a “game player”, so I played Tomb Raider the other day. Which was super fun, and I was totally BADASS… until the wolves spawned and I died about thirty times before I got angry and threw the controller. So maybe I’m not cut out for gaming after all.
– It’s spring now, which is excellent, but I’m saying hello to hay fever once again. *sniff*.
– Decided to check out kikki.K to see what was new, went through the site and added some stuff to my shopping cart, hit check out… and realised I had a shopping cart worth $300. WHOOPS. Needless to say, I did not spend that much. But oh my, the STRESS of choosing what to get rid of! Eeek!
– I am a part of the youth advisory group for my local city council, and we had to have some photos taken of us as a promotional thing. I am sooo awkward in photos, and having to pose with my “hips back, leg forward and chin up!” was just so unnatural for me. I haven’t seen the pictures yet – here’s hoping I look normal?
– My dog decided it would be a good idea to throw up on the carpet just as I was leaving for work.
What a week!
I hope it’s been rad for you, and that you have an even radder weekend.
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here.