Hey, remember when Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays was a thing on this blog!? Let’s bring it back!
– Went on a holiday to Sydney to go to the inaugural RTX Australia with Chris! We had an awesome time and we got to meet a few guests in the days before the convention around Sydney. They’re all so lovely!
– Two words: red wine.
– One word: Beyoncé.
– Got some seriously lovely feedback from a couple of ladies I made custom cross stitches for over Christmas. It’s so wonderful to hear that they love what I’ve made them!
– Discovering Newtown, which is definitely my new favourite holiday place! It’s incredibly funky with lots of little coffee joints and vintage shops, and the people are so unique. There’s even a book – check it out!
– Went camping for a couple of days at the very start of the year with wonderful people. There was no power or mobile phone reception, but it was awesome. Seriously, how great is camping!?
– For a bit of exciting news, I’ve decided to take the plunge and start my own virtual assistant business! I’m hoping to have my launch within the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned! (Also, if you or someone you know needs a VA, hit me up!)
– Started doing yoga again after being incredibly slack, and I feel great!
– Got my hands on a new kombucha SCOBY (after my old one tragically died), along with water kefir grains, so I’m now a fermenting queen.
– Babysat my dog Coco in our flat while my parents were away in Sydney, and having puppy cuddles in bed in the morning is the best thing in the world.
– Finding this Tumblr blog which has absolutely made my Wednesdays.
– Seeing my favourite person in the world, Nick Offerman, live last week in Hobart.
– Not being able to figure out the trains in Sydney at 11pm while trying to get home, so walking from platform to platform for half an hour before realising we actually needed to be where we started. Fail.
– There are currently bushfires burning all over this beautiful state, destroying homes and hundreds of hectares of incredibly special land. It’s heartbreaking.
– Getting off the aeroplane in Sydney and it being 39 degrees C… yikes!
– As I mentioned above, my kombucha SCOBY dying. It was a tragic day.
– The Bulletin has decided to keep the Doomsday clock at three minutes to midnight.
– Two words: Donald Trump.
– One word: blisters.
– Coming home from Sydney and realising we had no cheese in the fridge. Which basically equates to my worst nightmare.
– I was in the op shop trying on some clothes. When I was finished, I went to open the curtain… only to realise that the last minute that I didn’t have my shirt on. It was far too close to a large disaster.
– I was on a walk with mum the other morning when we passed a house that had – I’m not joking – the fattest cat I have ever seen in my life. It was grey and white and basically a basketball. I’m not sure it could walk. I squealed out to mum “oh my God mum, there is the FATTEST CAT EVER here, come have a look!” As mum was walking over, a lady behind us said “are you talking about my cat?” Needless to say, I nearly died. I just spluttered “I meant it in a good way! I swear! It’s so fat but it’s soooo adorable!” Thankfully, the lady just laughed and said it was fine. I felt terrible.
* * * * *
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here, and if you want to stay up-to-date, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!