It’s been a while, my loves, but I’m back with week 16 of Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays! What’s new with you this week? Make sure you let me know in the comments below!
– First thing’s first, Hannah’s here! My wonderful loon is here for a month over Christmas, and it’s oh so exciting! The list of things to do while she’s here is about a metre long!
– Chris’ short film is done and dusted, and is pretty excellent if I do say so myself. It’s so rewarding seeing all those days of filming come together to make something seriously awesome!
– Went out for crew drinks after a play we filmed, but it ended up just being the director and her partner and Chris and I. Long story short, we ended up in a kebab shop at 4:30 in the morning eating falafel.
– I’m smashing out Etsy orders for Christmas like nobody’s business!
– Went out for breakfast with my friend Alex on a rainy day a couple of weeks ago. He’s visiting for Christmas and it’s so great having him home! Plus I ate an awesome Eggs Benedict.
– Our darling American friend Rolf arrives on Monday for a month, and I cannot wait to have him here! He visits every other Christmas, and we’ve got so many things planned this year!
– Bought The Game of Life, which was pretty much the best decision I made all week. My mother thought otherwise when I forced her to play with me.
– Discovered one of the most amazing books in the world. I understand that is a big statement, but seriously. My review is here if you want to check it out!
– Watched The Princess Bride which is probably one of the most wonderful movies ever made.
– Got a new phone, yippee! It’s a gorgeous rose gold iPhone 6s, and I’m a little bit in love. I have a cactus phone case for it. It’s excellent.
– Kid President exists.
– Mum and I went Christmas shopping the other day, and after shopping for about two hours, we’d bought absolutely no Christmas presents, but a new pair of shoes each. Whoops.
– Tripped walking up the steps in to work. Twice.
– Wrapped up some Christmas presents, only to realise as I was tying the bow that I’d left the price stickers on them all.
– Watched The Babadook with Chris (at nighttime, might I add) – NEVER AGAIN.
– My favourite teapot, a lovely glass one that Chris bought me a few Valentine’s Days ago, broke. We don’t have another one at the moment, so I had to make my Earl Grey in the plunger.
– Summer = warm nights = crazy eczema. I feel like I’m a walking tube of cortisone.
– When I got aforementioned new phone, I had to change my mobile number to save money on my plan. Now I can’t remember my new one, and I’m pretty sure I’ve given my old number to at least seven people so far.
– Tried to pour myself a glass of water at a restaurant last night, only to splash it up the side of my cup, all over myself and all over the table/food/cutlery/everything.
– As I type this, Chris is outside bowling the cricket ball at the door to our flat. Each time the ball hits the door there is a huge BANG, and the walls shake. He’s been going for about 20 minutes. I’ll probably kill him soon. UPDATE: now he’s put the cricket bat up against the door in place of wickets. I’m waiting for the glass to smash.
– After updating my computer to El Capitan, it has slowed down ridiculously. It takes me about a year to open up an app, give or take. My computer is only two years old, but it feels like it’s about 100.
– Read a really crappy book. Find out what it was and check out the review here!
* * * * *
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here, and if you want to stay up-to-date, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!