Welcome to a spooky week of F&FAF – today is Friday the 13th! Not that anything particularly spooky has happened this week, but Friday’s not over quite yet…
Have you had any spooky occurrences this Friday the 13th?
Fun fact: the word “Friday” originates from the Norse goddess of fertility, Freya. Take from that what you will.
– Stitching like crazy to get some orders from my Etsy store off in time for Christmas, and designing a custom cross stitch for one super rad lady!
– Went out for drinks with my friend, Brody, for his birthday. It’s been far too long since I’ve spent time with him, and it was great to catch up. (Cheers, Brody!) We played a ridiculous game of Scrabble, in which we ended up with the word “euduotentaids” which is 100% not a word but we made it work. If there’s one thing you do this week, make it catching up with a friend!
– The awesome Raewyn launched her Love Yourself e-course! It’s not too late to join – just head here to sign up! It’s going to be seriously rad.
– Having a Skype session with Miss Hannahbanana tonight. I miss her!
– Came up with an idea for a super-awesome activity for YAG (the Youth Advisory Group for our city council that Chris and I are a part of) to do with school groups around the city – and our co-ordinator loved it! This project kind of feels like my baby now, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!
– We smashed out the very final day of filming for Chris’ short film! If you’ve been following my Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you’ll know that we’ve been at this for quite a while, but now the filming is complete and the editing can begin (which is much more Chris’ domain than mine!). I’m so super proud of Chris and how this film is turning out, and I absolutely cannot wait to see the final product!
– Finished Burial Rites for my 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge and I cried like a baby. Like gross, hiccough-y, snotty crying. The pages of my book got wet. It was pretty tragic. (Seriously, though, it’s an amazing book. You can check out my review here!)
– Chris told me I looked like a “bloated alien”, and I am still trying to find the compliment in that.
– There’s a new ad campaign on the telly about puppy farms. And it’s SO SAD. I mean, obviously that’s the point, but oh my. They prompted Chris to ask me if we can adopt all the dogs in the world. To which I obviously answered yes. Duh.
– I’ve decided that I’m not meant to wear makeup after I wore mascara to work today, forgot I had it on, and rubbed my eyes. However, what I’d done didn’t occur to me until about an hour later when I went to the toilet and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked like a panda. And no one had told me. Fail.
– I have a teaspoon of chlorophyll in a big glass of water every morning, but for some reason yesterday I automatically put a teaspoon of it on my cereal. Seriously, I just poured it all over my Weetbix. As I was doing it my brain was going “NO! WHAT THE HELL???” but on it went. My chlorophyll tastes like spearmint, and something about spearmint-flavoured Weetbix didn’t do it for me, so I tipped it out and started again (and managed to get the chlorophyll in the glass this time!).
– Got all the ingredients ready to make a quinoa kale crustless quiche: cut up the onion, fried the mushrooms… until I realised we’d run out of quinoa. And kale. Can you tell I hadn’t thought terribly far ahead?
* * * * *
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here, and if you want to stay up-to-date, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
~Some links in this article are affiliate links in that if you purchase something from them, it will not cost you any more, but I will earn a small commission. This does not influence my recommendation in any way, I would still use this product even if I were not an affiliate.~