Here’s a piece of good news: It’s Friday. You survived another week. Go you! You’re awesome! Get ready for the weekend – you deserve it! Here’s this week’s Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays to get you ready.
What kinds of kick-ass things happened to you this week? Make sure you let me know in the comments below – I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to!
– Seeing as though she doesn’t have a blog of her own to broadcast it on, I need to announce that my best friend Hannah saw Stephen Fry out of the window of the tram she was on. Saw Stephen Fry. In the flesh. OH MY. Does that make her, and in turn me, famous by association? I don’t see why not.
– I have partnered with the amazing Mieroglyphs to give all my wonderful readers free shipping with any purchase! Just use the code ‘RAMBLINGS’ at the checkout! I’ve just ordered myself one of these bracelets – they’re so gorgeous! I can’t wait to get it. Expect a post and photos when it’s here!
– I made a choc chip cookie in a mug. And it was awesome.
– After stopping for a while, we’ve recently started playing ambient tracks again when we go to bed. If you haven’t tried sleeping to the sound of rain, or wind in trees, or a lake, try it. It’s a total game changer. Before, it would take me hours to nod off. Now, I’m asleep long before the 45-minute track is finished.
– Went out for dinner for my friend Tulka’s birthday! It was totally lovely, and we even made time for a cocktail to finish the evening.
– Watched The Matrix again – it is such a good movie, and filled with so much 90s angst (and leather)!
– Planning my new blog series – stay tuned!
– Started the November section of my bullet journal, and this month is looking even better and more organised than last month! Yippee!
– One of the big highlights of my week – and every week! – is hearing that you guys are following along with my 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge. It seriously means the world to me, and I LOVE hearing your feedback! Keep being awesome!
– This week, the worst thing ever happened. We ran out of coffee beans. We got more the next day, but going a day without is not easy, and involved a few caffeine withdrawal headaches. Also, considering I work in a coffee shop, you would think I would’ve been organised. Apparently not!
– I became one of those people who ruins birthday surprises. I texted Tulka on the day of her birthday dinner, not realising it was a surprise, saying “see you tonight!” lots of awkward conversations ensued.
– Chris smashed his phone screen. No, it didn’t happen to me, but it’s second-hand awkwardness.
– It’s November, and I haven’t even started thinking about Christmas, let alone presents for everyone! Are you more organised than me? Let me know – it might kick me in to gear! 🙂
– Bought a lovely big jar of organic coconut oil, got home and had a spoonful only to find that it was totally tasteless. What’s the point of coconut oil if it doesn’t taste like coconut oil? Is this just a huge first world problem? Probably.
– Discovered a lovely big bunch of coriander in the back of my fridge… that had been there for about 2 weeks. It wasn’t a bunch of coriander any more. It was more like mush. Fail.
– I’m pretty sure a spider crawled in to my ear from my headphones.
* * * * *
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here, and if you want to stay up-to-date, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!
~Some links in this article are affiliate links in that if you purchase something from them, it will not cost you any more, but I will earn a small commission. This does not influence my recommendation in any way, I would still use this product even if I were not an affiliate.~