I’m back, I’m back! It’s been a big two weeks, and I can’t wait to share with you everything that’s happened, including watermelon jelly shots and phallic latte art.
(You read that right).
What totally wonderful and totally cringe-worthy things have happened to you lately? Let me know in the comments!
– I am incredibly excited to announce that I am now a social media assistant and contributor for The Libero Network, which is a non-profit organisation aiming to support and assist people struggling and recovering from mental illnesses and eating disorders. I will write further about this amazing network in a later blog post, because it’s so super important that it deserves its own!
– Spent time once again out at Mole Creek to finish filming, and stayed overnight with Chris’ friends Damon and Luke (you got a mention!), which involved playing Cards Against Humanity and eating watermelon jelly shots. I’m serious, they’re the coolest. Maybe a cocktail tutorial is on the cards?
– Started a bullet journal, which was such a good decision. I’m working on a blog post about them at the moment, so expect it very soon! I can’t wait to share it with you all.
– It was Chris’ 21st birthday, so we went out for dinner that night with my family and his, which was lovely, then the day after I sent him off to complete a scavenger hunt around our city (a la Parks and Recreation, minus the cryptex. Turns out it’s very hard to find a cryptex). It was super fun, and we did a few things we hadn’t done together before, like to go the planetarium. Then we went out for cider and Chinese! It was great!
– My wonderful friend Sam (hi, Sam!) is coming to Tasmania next week (he lives in Melbourne), and I absolutely cannot wait to see him – I’ve missed him so much!
– Finished reading The Art of Asking by the amazing Amanda Palmer for my 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge, was super-inspired, and proceeded to go topless to recreate the front cover. (Seriously, this book is the best).
– The other day at work I was having a conversation with someone as I rang up their order, and they cracked a bit of a joke – nothing hilarious, just a little comment – and I cried out “HA! HA HA!” I had intended it to be a quiet and reserved chuckle, but for some reason my brain thought it would be a good idea if, instead, it was an explosive shriek. The lady (and a few others in the cafe) looked at me with the same look as you would expect. I wanted to crawl under the counter!
– I am making Shakshuka for dinner as I type this, and I just splashed tomatoey sauce all over myself. Hoorah!
– While we were filming out at Mole Creek, Chris walked in to the scrub, only to discover a huge tiger snake, which proceeded to hang around all day. If you weren’t aware already, that snake is very poisonous. As are all Tasmania’s snakes. Yikes!
– Made a coffee for some people at work, and was in a bit of a hurry as we were quite busy. At my work, we are very unconcerned with latte art and the like, instead we focus on simply making awesome coffee. As I was carrying the coffee over to this gentleman, I noticed that I, in fact, had created some latte art on top of this coffee, entirely by accident. It was a penis. I’m not even joking. I didn’t have time to re-make the coffee, so I just put it down in front of the man and walked away very quickly, trying not to make eye contact with him for the rest of the time he was there. I cannot reiterate to you how very embarrassing this was, and I sincerely hope he did not think I was trying to tell him something.
* * * * *
What fabulous & freakin’ awkward things happened to you this week? Let me know in the comments below!
If you want to check out my other Fabulous & Freakin’ Awkward Fridays posts, you can click here, and if you want to stay up-to-date, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!